Stasa Cvetkovic will present two events not to be missed.
Researching Banat, regions around western Romania and eastern Serbia.
Stasa Cvetkovic, is a professional genealogist co-owner of Synergy Genealogy Agency who now lives in Novi Sad, Serbia. His areas of expertise include genealogical research of diverse ethnic groups in the areas of Banat (present-day western Romania and eastern Serbia) and Backa, Srem or Srijem, and Serbia. Some of the historical names of the areas he covers include: Torontál, Temes, Timis, Batschka, Bács-Bodrog, Syrmien, and Szerém.
Experienced genealogist from Serbia, Mr. Staša Cvetković, will address some of the important topics related to research of ancestors who came from regions of present-day Romania and Serbia.
GENEALOGY OF ETHNIC GERMANS IN BANAT
Monday July 31, 2017 (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
This seminar discusses how to research ethnic Germans who settled in the area of today Romania, south Hungary including Slavonia, and Serbia (Banat, Batschka).
- Civil records repositories and access to the records which are protected by privacy protection laws (usually 100 years);
- Use of land survey records in genealogy;
- Closing of the remaining gaps related to the parish records in the region;
- Private life of Banaters in 18th, 19th and the first half of 20th century with a spotlight on Banat earth architecture, regional cuisine, transportation and other subjects
ROMANIAN GENEALOGY RESEARCH
Tuesday, August 01, 2017 (9:00 a.m. – 4 :00 p.m.)
This seminar will be geared towards beginner and intermediate researchers who have not done very much research in European records. Mr. Cvetković is most experienced with the regions around western Romania and eastern Serbia, and that is the focus of his talks, but he can also generally address other areas. Information learned could be applied to research of ancestors of many ethnic backgrounds (Serbian, Hungarian, Germanic, etc.), not just Romanians
- Basic Romanian genealogy considerations for beginners;
- Civil (government) records repositories in Romania and Serbia, and access to the records which are protected by privacy protection laws (usually 100 years);
- Church parish records in the region, what information they contain and how to obtain them;
- Private life of Banaters in 18th, 19th and the first half of 20th century with a spotlight on Banat earth architecture, regional cuisine, transportation and other subjects.
CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE: Mr. Staša Cvetković will be giving one-on-one genealogy consultations during his stay in the Twin Cities. If you are interested, please e-mail directly to Mr. Cvetković at email@example.com with the description of your interest or genealogy problem. See more at synergia.rs
Advance registration is required.
Registration prices include seminar, coffee and rolls, and light lunch and beverages. Each seminar will be held at the premises of Minnesota Genealogical Society, c/o Romanian Genealogy Society, 1185 Concord Street N., Suite 218 in South St. Paul, Minnesota, in the 4th floor conference room. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Event Coordinator Vicki Albu (651) 402-6805.
Genealogy of Ethnic Germans in Banat
Monday, July 31, 2017 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Romanian Genealogy Research
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
If you are not already a member of RGS, you may include $20 for 2017 dues in order to be eligible for the reduced member rate of $10 for the 8/1 seminar.
Submit now using Paypal using your Paypal account or by credit card or
Print and return this portion with your check payment. (Make checks payable to “RGS” in US Dollars.) Send to: Romanian Genealogy Society, 1185 Concord St. N., Ste. 218, South St. Paul MN 55075.