WHO WE ARE
We are a branch group of the non-profit Minnesota Genealogical Society
Our Stated Purpose:
- Foster interest in Romanian genealogy;
- Provide opportunities for exchange of knowledge about Romania, its history and culture, immigration from Romania to the U.S., and Romanian family history research;
- Encourage the establishment of Romanian genealogical resources;
- Hold meetings for the instruction and interest of members;
- Collect and publish genealogical, biographical, and historical material related to people of Romanian descent and to work with other organizations to inform about and preserve Romanian genealogy and heritage.
We offer quarterly educational meetings with the opportunity to share research experiences. Members receive “Romanian Roots” our quarterly newsletter via choice of electronic or postal delivery.
Books, maps and other resource material in our Library collection are housed in the Minnesota Genealogy Center in Mendota Heights, MN. The catalog may be searched online however; the collection is for use in the library only.
While we are based in Minnesota, it doesn’t matter where you live or where your Romanian ancestors lived.
We welcome and support members worldwide.
Vicki Albu, President
Jean Logajan Day, Secretary
Dorrene Dragos Hern, Treasurer
Sharon Schultz-Library Coordinator
Find A Grave Administrator
RGS Facebook Research Group Administrator
Peles Castle, Prahova County, Romania